February | bostonphil. Zander’s pre-concert talk was informative and entertaining as always. Unfortunately, the orchestra overpowered Mikolaj’s gorgeous, rich voice in the intimacy of Sanders Theater on the first two of Strauss’s Letzte Vier; this problem recurred in portions of the solo in Mahler’s 4th. Overall, however, the orchestra was just wonderful, and I only wish I’d been able to hear more of Mikolaj.
- The Fascinating Revelations of Opal & Nev September 7, 2023
- The Chosen Place, The Timeless People by Paule Marshall September 3, 2023
- Shakers, Quakers, and Other Idealists August 30, 2023
- Archie Bunker Redux August 24, 2023
- Reflections on “Oppenheimer” and Greatness August 17, 2023
- Sometimes Less is More When It Comes to Theater July 27, 2023
- The Most Powerful Weapon We Can Give Ukraine July 20, 2023