February | bostonphil. Zander’s pre-concert talk was informative and entertaining as always. Unfortunately, the orchestra overpowered Mikolaj’s gorgeous, rich voice in the intimacy of Sanders Theater on the first two of Strauss’s Letzte Vier; this problem recurred in portions of the solo in Mahler’s 4th. Overall, however, the orchestra was just wonderful, and I only wish I’d been able to hear more of Mikolaj.
- A Very Annoying Book January 25, 2023
- On Doing the Thing You Don’t Want to Do January 19, 2023
- Preludes at the Lyric Stage Company January 14, 2023
- Service or Revolution? January 12, 2023
- Making Our Votes Count January 5, 2023
- My Review of Life of Pi December 21, 2022
- Have a Solar Christmas December 21, 2022