Recently I was wearing my Women Hold Up Half the Sky t-shirt (from Ahimsa Graphics) and someone said, “Who holds up the other half?” “Men,” I replied, amused, but later when I thought about it, I found myself suspecting that while women might constitute only slightly more than half of the world’s population, my guess is that they perform considerably more than half of the world’s (not necessarily paid) work. A quick search confirmed my gut feeling that women probably hold up more like two-thirds of the sky. I think a lot of women’s arms are getting tired.
- Communal Pets in Istanbul June 7, 2023
- A Little Bit of Casablanca in Cornwall May 31, 2023
- Quaker Names of the 17th and 18th Centuries May 24, 2023
- Can Art Conquer Hate? May 18, 2023
- Pomegranate, a novel by Helen Elaine Lee May 4, 2023
- Let’s Drop the Gendered Greetings April 19, 2023
- A Funny Thing Happened… April 14, 2023