Recently I was wearing my Women Hold Up Half the Sky t-shirt (from Ahimsa Graphics) and someone said, “Who holds up the other half?” “Men,” I replied, amused, but later when I thought about it, I found myself suspecting that while women might constitute only slightly more than half of the world’s population, my guess is that they perform considerably more than half of the world’s (not necessarily paid) work. A quick search confirmed my gut feeling that women probably hold up more like two-thirds of the sky. I think a lot of women’s arms are getting tired.
- Quakers During the Third Reich November 9, 2023
- Review of How I Learned to Drive November 9, 2023
- An Eloquent Response to My Last Post October 27, 2023
- A Memoir from a Palestinian Human Rights Lawyer October 26, 2023
- Languages I’ve Barely Heard Of October 12, 2023
- Fat Ham in Boston October 4, 2023
- So Much Great Theater! September 28, 2023